This is the official launch of a new San Diego beer award, the Sore Eye Cup! We will award our favorite local beer an actual cup they can drink out of, display or smash in the spirit of total victory. There will be three rounds for your favorite San Diego brew to survive to be the recipient of the first Cup. It starts now with open nominations from the general public.
Here’s the rules: Beers nominated must be brewed here in San Diego by a recognized brewery. (If you’re a homebrewer I’m more than willing to try your beer, anytime, maybe even trade for one of mine) They must be regular beers the brewery makes all the time; special versions, one offs and casks are not allowed. We’re looking for beers that are available to everyone in SD county.
Nominate your favorite beer(s) by emailing me at SoreEyeCup@gmail.com, @ me in twitter or tag your nomination #SoreEyeCup. Nominations are open for one month and then we will move into the voting round. The top ten beers (at least), as voted by you, the best followers on earth, will be blind tasted/judged by our panel of 10. The judges range from craft beer amateur to certified beer judges. We are truly looking for the best regularly produced craft beer San Diego has to offer. The top 3 beers in San Diego, as chosen by us, will be awarded the esteemed Sore Eye Cup and receive all the prestige and glory one blog can bestow upon a brewery!
- The Butcher, The Pupil and The Widow from Societe Brewing
- Idiot IPA from Coronado Brewing
- Beeruccino from Helm’s Brewing
- Sculpin and Victory at Sea from Ballast Point
- Stone Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale from Stone Brewing Co.
- Speedway Stout from AleSmith
- Duet and Nelson from Alpine
- Dam! from Belching Beaver
- Kismet from Mother Earth
- Thunderweizen and Double Strike from Lightning
- Ifinitude from San Diego Brewing
- Lupulin Lust and Red Flag from Rip Current
- Mongo and Old Viscosity Ale from Port Brewing
- Inferno Ale from Lost Abbey
- Grand Cru from Green Flash
- Gillespie Brown Ale from Manzanita
- Dark Seas from Mission
- Hop Therapy from Rough Draft
- Intrepidus and Grazias Vienna Cream from Hess
- The Dude Abides from Wet ‘N Reckless
- GrassYass IPA, Otay Chipotle Stout and Vixen Dunkelweizen from Stumblefoot
Interested in being the title sponsor of the Cup? Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by mkbain (see all)
- The Glorious Return of The Mission Valley Craft Beer and Food Festival - March 9, 2015
- Awesome Stuff That Happened In 2014 In A Totally Biased List - January 9, 2015
- San Diego Beer Week Through Sore Eyes - November 5, 2014